We've gone about a week and a half and no news. We know that the CSS staff in Moscow were both enjoying a few days of vacation and were also preparing for a mandatory audit. Once both of these activities are done, things should swing into 'ulta-high gear'!
There are a number of scenarios of how trip #1 could play out:
1. Our dossier gets registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE), we wait a few weeks more and then we get our phone call indicating they have a referral for us.
2. Our dossier gets registered with the Ministry of Education and we almost immediately get a phone call indicating they have a referral for us.
3. We could even possibly get a phone call with information regarding a referral before our dossier is registered with the MOE. This scenario involves MOE staff giving CSS staff in Moscow information ahead of time regarding a child up for adoption and the CSS staff, knowing our desired profile for a child, would then call us immediately and ask us if we're interested in pursing the referral. If we accepted it, they would register our dossier immediately and take that referral.
Once we get the referral, we would most likely have 7-10 days advanced notice before we would be required to fly to Russia for trip #1.
But...until then...we wait.
Greg, Mary and Katie